We are committed to our core values of safety, integrity, accountability, initiative, and respect for customers, investors, employees and communities.
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce. At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives.
The strength is in our numbers:
• Approximately 14,000 employees
• Operate electric and natural gas utility businesses in 8 states
• Competitive energy businesses’ footprint in nearly 40 states
As a Technical Training Specialist, you will plan, design, develop, implement and direct technical training and development programs which address the need to improve and/or enhance individual performance with a focus on quality and safety.
• Delivers training in the classroom, on-the-job, and via WebEx/virtual and analyzes which method meets the needs of a multigenerational workforce with various levels of experience and expertise.
• Provides strategic consulting in all aspects related to training and/or technical training for organization-wide initiatives and projects. Participates in the design, development and implementation of training programs of a broad organizational scope.
• Develops training materials in accordance with company procedures, regulatory guidelines and industry “best practices” including training handbooks, job aids, models, multimedia visual aids, computer and web-based tutorials, and standard operating procedures.
• Provides strategic consulting in all aspects related to training and/or technical training to ensure that Operator Qualification training meets or exceeds necessary regulatory and company requirements.
• Facilitates or participates in effective training delivery including analysis, implementation, testing and documentation to ensure employee’s skills are current with technologies city codes, state statutes, administrative rules, manufacturers’ procedures, and company procedures.
• Analyzes applicable safety and regulatory policies and procedures and recommends changes to the training to ensure that these matters are included in the instructional system design process.
• Provides on-going technical resources to field personnel and supervisors to support individual and organizational performance and goals.
• Researches and studies advancements in educational technologies and methods; evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs, utilizing appropriate data collection instruments and procedures
• Recommends and/or implements innovative solutions, modifications and enhancements to training curricula and instructional programs.
• Annually evaluates the effectiveness of training and development programs, utilizing appropriate data collection instruments and procedures.
• Keep informed of the latest theory, practices, procedures and techniques in the areas of adult learning for assessing the acquisition of the knowledge and skills taught to assure the educational objectives are met.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 3 years experience in any of the following: development and/or delivery of technical training programs; skills training; operations.
• Experience in gas operations, energy delivery, energy production, utility, oil & gas or similar technical operations preferred.
• Training certifications preferred.
This position is located in Houston, TX.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Operations – Support
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Instructional/Traiing, Management|