Salary $69,725.00 – $90,643.00 Annually
Location MISSOURI CITY, TX
Job Type Full Time
Department PUBLIC WORKS
Job Number 00619-01
Closing date and time Continuous
- This position performs technical skilled work developing, planning, organizing, and supervising the City’s traffic operations division, including the design, review and construction of roadways, signal systems, signing and striping, intelligent transportation system (ITS), neighborhood mitigation, and traffic control operations. Provides professional and specialized traffic engineering support, recommendations, and technical assistance to City Management, City Council, staff, private developers and outside agencies.
- Examples of Work
- Manage consultants, contractors and other involved during the planning, preliminary design, design development bidding, permitting, construction, final occupancy, project closeout, and warranty phase of the City’s, Transportation, Traffic, capital and operational projects;
- Make presentations to City Council, Commissions and citizens’ groups as directed; serve as staff to Council committees; work with other departments on matters of mutual concern and to accomplish department objectives; and communicate City programs and policies to departmental staff;
- Review, evaluate, and comment on traffic engineering plans and traffic studies for commercial and residential private development projects to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local codes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and specifications related to traffic signing, traffic striping, traffic signals, traffic control plans and installation of other traffic control devices.
- Provide engineering assistance and advice on all matters pertaining to transportation, streets, traffic, and equipment for public facilities and grounds;
- Conduct field reviews and inspections of traffic signal systems and equipment; monitor, analyze, and recommend solutions to resolve existing traffic issues or conditions; adjust signal timing to ensure traffic is moving efficiently and safely.
- Applies engineering principles to roadway design and traffic control matters; Prepares administrative, technical, and statistical reports on traffic operational matters such as crashes, pedestrian activities, safety measures, and related traffic and transportation issues or concerns
- Performs the duties of the Assistant City Engineer in the event of his/her absence;
- Coordinate and oversee any other departmental programs or tasks at the direction of the Director of Public Works;
- Serve as part of the Emergency Management Team and respond to natural disasters and other emergency operations;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Public Works;
- Subject to 24-hour recall.
- Education, Experience, or Certification
- Bachelor of engineering degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum of four (4) years related professional experience in traffic engineering\operations, and possession of a valid Texas Professional Engineer License is required.
- Supplemental Information
- The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Community, Design/Drafting, Diversity Opportunities, Engineering, Environmental, Government, Management, Office Assistance, Parks & Recreation, Project Management, Public Works, Quality Control, Supervision, Traffic/Transportation|