Location: Missouri City, TX
Job Category: Non-Profit
Job Type: Full-Time
Company Info: www.fbcchome.org
Job Description: We are searching for a candidate to serve in our youth ministry full time. We are located in a suburb of Houston and serve a predominately ethnic Chinese community.
Our ideal candidate is able to develop and organize a youth ministry that will encourage, give direction, counsel and evangelize the students of this church and surrounding area. This person should be called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach. They should also be a team orientated as we have multiple staff working with our youth.
– Full-time, salaried with benefits
Education, Theology and Experience:
– Undergraduate Degree from accredited college or university (Christian education, theology or related fields a plus)
– Experience working with teenagers in a church setting is ideal for this role. (volunteer or staff)
– Fluency in English, knowledge of Mandarin or Cantonese a strong plus
– Student Pastor & Executive Pastor
– Work with Student Pastor and lay leaders team in setting direction and vision of the church
– Provide leadership and support to youth small groups and programs
– Work closely with students through discipleship, fellowship and teaching
– Work with lay leaders by recruiting, caring for, and developing volunteers
– Administrative duties include strategic planning, budgeting, communications via social media, calendar and others to support the program ministry for students.
– Profession of faith and demonstration of a Christ-centered life
– Commitment to growing spiritually
– Has a call to serve the church in student ministry
– Highly relational
– Agrees with articles of faith, church constitution, mission and core values of FBCC.
– Meets 1 Timothy 3 qualification of a church leader
– Ability to work cross culturally
– Ability to communicate well
– Team player with pastoral staff
– Willingness to be trained
– Passion to learn and grow professionally
– Ability to manage time
Contact Person Information
Name: Samuel Kwan
Company: Fort Bend Community Church
|Job Category||Communication, Customer Service, Diversity Opportunities, Environmental, Hospitality, Human Resources, Management, Media Relations, Ministry, Public Relations|