- Hiring Location: Company
- S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
- Job ID
Independently performs Electrical Engineering activities for all phases of electrical development and equipment design for a project of significant size and complexity (e.g., continuing services project involving multiple engineering disciplines). Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Electrical Engineering and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering criteria, methods and procedures. Periodic evaluation of work done by less experienced engineers is required. Assignments require knowledge and understanding of Project Management requirements including staffing and scheduling.
Provides technical guidance and coordination of manpower for the Electrical Engineering staff assigned to one or more projects. Assists in the evaluation and review for hiring of personnel.
Normally requires at least a 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of 10 years experience in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). Incumbent must be cognizant of the capabilities and limitations of various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment to effectively direct their use for diverse engineering assignments. Registration as a licensed professional engineer is required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets with clients’ technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information.
- Prepares equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors’ bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to client and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- May participate in reviews of Process Flow Diagrams and Piping and Instrument Diagrams.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists and load summaries.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services’ activities.
- Participates in preparation of design guides, guide specifications and contract proposals.
- May supervise and direct the activities of other personnel working on one or more projects.
- Provides input to estimates, proposals, scheduling, manpower planning, et cetera.
- Participates in plant start-ups and field assignments as required.
- Participates in equipment inspections at vendors’ facilities.
- May plan, organize and supervise design-engineering activities for a project of significant size and complexity (e.g., continuing services project requiring the integration of two or more engineering disciplines), or two or more projects of moderate size and complexity (e.g., continuing services projects involving a single engineering discipline).
- May participate with construction personnel concerning constructability issues as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- May require foreign travel and assignment.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, managers, designers and engineers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Occasionally may conduct or participate in a field trip to an operating plant or construction site. This requires normal hearing, the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance, clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally may visit or be temporarily assigned to work in an operating plant or at a construction site. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.
|工作分类||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Electrical, Engineering, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Mechanical, Media Relations, Office Assistance, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development, Software Development|