Job Code: SPD1803
The Equipment Engineer works closely with the production line (wafer and chip), R&D, EHS (Environmental health & safety), and facility departments to equip AOI with the most up-to-date and state-of-the-art technology in manufacturing and research development, and to support the routine operation and future growth of the semiconductor products division. In this position, the engineer is also responsible for a variety of other tasks such as managing equipment, monitoring status, equipment installation, routine maintenance, preventative maintenance (PM), automation, modifications, calibrations, decontamination, troubleshooting and repairing the tools for wafer process, wafer growth, and chip production groups. Equipment engineers are also responsible to maintain the spare parts inventory and equipment backup.
For new equipment installation and qualification to meet the long-term growth:
- Review the design of the new installation.
- Develop equipment specifications, acceptance test criteria and risk analysis.
- Work with vendors to schedule, prioritize, develop, document, and implement new equipment lines and upgrades.
- Installation of new and conversion or upgrade of existing equipment.
- Works with process engineers to commission and qualify new equipment and processes.
- Track progress and keep up the schedule.
- Develop and maintain safety and standard operation procedures.
- Manage new equipment training, certification, safety and job hazard assessment.
For existing equipment management:
- Track equipment performance and reduce down time (MTTR and MTBF)
- Analyze and troubleshoot equipment issues to find the root cause.
- Co-work with process engineers to support production line and R&D.
- Manage spare parts and backup equipment, reduce cost and improve operation efficiency.
- Support internal, 3rd party and vendor audits including equipment annual physical count.
- Participate in determining and providing an optimum plan of operation, equipment, space requirements, and related facilities for assigned areas.
- Provide production team with in depth training and technical guidance.
- Develop/Review/Revise work instructions and procedures in support of manufacturing processes.
- Help to resolve manufacturing constraints, ease the production line and reduce risk.
- Support the development and implementation of new methods, processes, and equipment in the manufacturing operation.
- Setup and maintain preventive maintenance schedule.
SPD fab and cleanrooms management include:
- Lab temperature, humidity, partial pressure, particulate counts, air circulation
- DI water supply and purity monitoring.
- Chill water supply management.
- Toxic gas and high-pressure gas supply management.
- Work with EHS on toxic waste treatment including solid, liquid and gas.
Work schedule will often require on-call for nights and weekends as any equipment related issue should be addressed and resolved immediately to minimize down time to the production line.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree (electrical engineering, materials science and engineering, physics, chemistry) .
- Minimum 5 years of directly related work experience in the semiconductor manufacturing and cleanroom environment
- Hands-on experience in dealing with mechanical, vacuum systems, electrical, and liquid/chemical tools
- Ability to designing homemade equipment systems is a plus
- Must be comfortable with gowning into clean room (class-1000) certified attire every day.
- Experience in resolving complex technical and infrastructure problems in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience in developing or maintaining various wafer process steps including photolithography, wet and dry etching, PECVD, metal deposition, and plating
- Familiar with mask aligner, hot plates, oven, PECVD, E-beam evaporator, and thermal processing.
- Familiar with inspection tools including optical microscope, profilometer, ellipsometer, and SEM (scanning electron microscope).
- Data analysis and make decisions based on effective summary for data.
- Familiar with LabView, MS Access, SQL, or JMP is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting, monitoring, analytical, and problem solving skill.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Detail-oriented, team-oriented, persistent, result-oriented, and self-motivated
- Able to communication effectively across all business levels and functions.
- Available to work night shift.
• Sugar Land, TX
|工作分类||Development Services - Planning, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Science, Data Management, Document Control, Electrical, Engineering, Estimation, Industrial, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Mechanical, Network Administration, Optoelectronics, Project Management, Quality Control, Science & Biotech, Software Development, Supply Chain|