Date: Sep 16, 2021
Location: Houston, TX, US
Company: Apache Corporation
Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world’s premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
- Our VISION is to be the premier exploration and production company, contributing to global progress by helping meet the world’s energy needs.
- Our MISSION is to grow in an innovative, safe, environmentally responsible and profitable manner for the long-term benefit of our stakeholders.
- Our STRATEGY is to take a differentiated approach to the exploration and production of cost-advantaged hydrocarbons through innovation, technology, optimization, continuous improvement and relentless focus on costs to deliver top-tier, long-term returns.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache believes in a culture that encourages everyone to bring their unique perspective and background to work every day and to know that their voice is valued and respected.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
Position Description & Duties:
The Financial Analyst for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s Corporate Development team at the company’s Houston, TX office reporting to the Business Development Manager.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Support corporate development in the evaluation of potential acquisitions/divestments, capital markets and financing transactions;
- Analyze and compile data received from asset teams, corporate departments, and public sources for divestiture marketing materials (also compare previously provided data, organize, simplify and summarize data for potential buyers);
- Compile, analyze, summarize, reconcile, lease operating statements and capital spend in excel obtained from various Apache applications; research with asset and support departments when necessary, analyze and update financial reports as the process continues;
- Assist and coordinate requests and data flow between asset teams, corporate departments, and outside parties via email, network drives, USB drives, ShareFile, and multiple external VDR platforms
- Compile cross company data with reconciliations and analyses from different data sources without unique identifiers (DataNow, multiple spreadsheets from Accounting, CRE onelines), map data in software that’s not generally used for mapping, simplify data in charts and graphs;
- Coordinate Q&A throughout transaction between CorpDev, asset teams, corporate departments, and outside parties through VDRs and/or email;
- Build financial evaluation excel models for asset transacitons or review models if working with outside parties;
- Prepare presentation materials for internal management and board meetings, potential buyers, other internal and external meetings;
- Contact person for virtual data rooms – negotiate contacts, verify invoices, correct issues, problem solve for best solutions, organize data, back up and store all data transaction close;
- Department trainings, assistance, and support in DataNow, Excel, Spotfire, A Game, FactSet and Enverus;
- Assist in drafting of bank engagement letters as well as analysis of engagement expenses;
- Preparation and distribution of certain reports including;
- Monthly A&D report for planning;
- Quarterly engagement fee summary for treasury;
- Quarterly reconciliation and analysis of G&A expenses for all CorpDev cost centers;
- Yearly G&A budget planning;
- Yearly A&D transaction summary for Corporate Development; and,
- Assist department personnel on special projects.
Preferred & Minimum Requirements:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of international finance and financial modeling, including experience consulting for and/or working with oil and gas exploration and production businesses;
- At least 3 years of experience working for and/or with large energy companies that have worldwide assets and operations;
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, management, administrative, organizational, and leadership skills;
- Experience implementing sound decisions when faced with multi-faceted problems;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate vision and set goals;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related discipline; and
- Able to prioritize multiple projects. High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
Core Values & Leadership Attributes
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache’s Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
- Core Values:
- Expect top performance & innovation;
- Seek relentless improvements in all facets;
- Invest in our greatest asset, our people;
- Foster a contrarian spirit;
- Drive to succeed with a sense of urgency;
- Safety is not negotiable & will not be compromised;
- Conduct our business with honesty & integrity;
- Treat our stakeholders with respect & dignity; and
- We derive benefit from the earth & take our environmental responsibility seriously.
- Leadership Attributes:
- Responsible irreverence;
- Focus on team accomplishments over personal gain;
- Decisive, invested, committed;
- Safety is not negotiable & will not be comprised;
- Fire in the belly;
- Lead by example, be an ambassador for Apache’s values;
- Sees the big picture, translates into action;
- Sound judgement and emotional maturity;
- Best answers win;
- Working managers; and
- Effective communicators.
Apache Statement on Hiring
To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to base all employment-related decisions and actions exclusively on employment-related criteria. To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to provide broad dissemination of job opportunities, as consistent with the nature of the positions. To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to review its employment-related policies and actions on a regular basis to ensure that their application is consistent with their intent.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Financial, Financial Analyst, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Finance, Technology
|工作分类||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Document Control, Finance, Industrial, Investment, Literary/Writing skills, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development, Science & Biotech|