Date: Sep 22, 2021
Location: Houston, TX, US
Company: Apache Corporation
Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world’s premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
- Our VISION is to be the premier exploration and production company, contributing to global progress by helping meet the world’s energy needs.
- Our MISSION is to grow in an innovative, safe, environmentally responsible and profitable manner for the long-term benefit of our stakeholders.
- Our STRATEGY is to take a differentiated approach to the exploration and production of cost-advantaged hydrocarbons through innovation, technology, optimization, continuous improvement and relentless focus on costs to deliver top-tier, long-term returns.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache believes in a culture that encourages everyone to bring their unique perspective and background to work every day and to know that their voice is valued and respected.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
Position Description & Duties:
The Geoscience Technician for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s Corporate Development team at the company’s Houston, TX office reporting to the Reservoir Engineer Manager – Corporate Development.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Perform geologic and limited engineering technical support on multiple projects in corporate development;
- Generating, revising and updating maps to assist Corp Dev efforts;
- Have a working knowledge of financial concepts and ability to integrate geological concepts in valuations and transactions;
- Work comfortably with computer-based geoscience oriented programs such as ARCGIS, Geographix, Petrel, MIDAS;
- Engage with geoscience and engineering professionals for geologic studies and activities in unconventional and conventional resource play evaluation (subsurface and commercial);
- Researching data issues for mapping requests;
- Ability to take instructions from technical and commercial professionals and complete projects per the required criteria; and,
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with high degree of initiative and independent judgement.
Preferred & Minimum Requirements:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- AS Degree in Geology or related field of study;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year University preferred;
- 3+ years of Geotech experience preferred;
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in IHS Petra and ArcGIS;
- Experience with both IHS Enerdeq and DrillingInfo is necessary;
- Basic understanding of geologic principles;
- Knowledge of relational databases and handling of shape files;
- Familiarity with well data, e.g. LAS, rasters, directional surveys, KBs, etc is necessary;
- Mapping vendor and proprietary data for an E&P company is highly preferred;
- Ability to use MSWord, Excel and Power Point;
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills;
- Good writing skills – for documentation, training, processes;
- Formal training or high level of experience with GIS;
- Good analytical / problem solving skills / IT technical skills; and,
- Understands coordinate systems and projections.
Core Values & Leadership Attributes
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache’s Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
- Core Values:
- Expect top performance & innovation;
- Seek relentless improvements in all facets;
- Invest in our greatest asset, our people;
- Foster a contrarian spirit;
- Drive to succeed with a sense of urgency;
- Safety is not negotiable & will not be compromised;
- Conduct our business with honesty & integrity;
- Treat our stakeholders with respect & dignity; and
- We derive benefit from the earth & take our environmental responsibility seriously.
- Leadership Attributes:
- Responsible irreverence;
- Focus on team accomplishments over personal gain;
- Decisive, invested, committed;
- Safety is not negotiable & will not be comprised;
- Fire in the belly;
- Lead by example, be an ambassador for Apache’s values;
- Sees the big picture, translates into action;
- Sound judgement and emotional maturity;
- Best answers win;
- Working managers; and
- Effective communicators.
Apache Statement on Hiring
To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to base all employment-related decisions and actions exclusively on employment-related criteria. To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to provide broad dissemination of job opportunities, as consistent with the nature of the positions. To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to review its employment-related policies and actions on a regular basis to ensure that their application is consistent with their intent.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Gas, Gas Technician, Engineer, Geology, GIS, Energy, Engineering, Technology
|工作分类||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Environmental, Geography, Geology, GeoPhysics, Literary/Writing skills, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Research Development, Science & Biotech|