Location: Houston, TX
Job ID: COR0000OYYour Impact:
You’re following your purpose – and there’s still more to come. Keep developing your skills and explore all that you can do across our global company. As part of Jacobs’ Corporate Accounting team, you’ll join a group of strategically focused professionals who work with process owners worldwide. Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
Jacobs is currently seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager to work in a dynamic, challenging environment who will cultivate and deliver excellence in Jacobs’ Corporate Accounting Group. We’re looking for a team player with the desire to be an active, long-term contributor in the growth of the accounting teams and organization overall.
- Prepare and review schedules, journal entries, account reconciliations and fluxes for complex transactions.
- Review activities impacting restructuring and other adjustments.
- Present monthly results and analysis to accounting leadership team.
- Opportunities to identify and drive process improvements will both leverage and enhance your skill set.
- Experience and ability to guide and review the work process of accounting for acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings and other assignments.
The role allows you to interact with other departments and increase your business acumen. Your accounting knowledge contributes to the success of the company and ensures all duties performed and reviewed are in compliance with US GAAP, Company policies and procedures, SEC reporting requirements, and the Sarbanes-Oxley act.
As a Corporate Accounting Manager, you’ll regularly and successfully engage in:
- Participating in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for global accounting activities and continuous improvement process including automation and acceleration related to restructuring accounting
- Reading, understanding, following, and testing the applicable process narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements and technical accounting
- Providing support as needed to external auditors
- Preparing ad hoc reports and analyses
Bring your excellent collaboration and organizational skills and a desire to deliver exceptional work, and we’ll help grow what drives you.
This is a hybrid/remote role, with the possibility to work in a Jacobs office as needed or if preferred.
To meet compliance with work on US government projects US citizenship is required.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase discounted company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus. The base salary range for this position is $72,900 to $173,500. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations [add if remote]. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Professional accounting experience to include at least 1-2 years of Big 4 public accounting audit experience
- Professional experience using Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups for large volumes of data
- Understanding of restructurings, consolidations, international accounting and reporting issues
- Technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Expertise in restructuring accounting/ASC 420 and ASC 712
- Preparation of footnote disclosures for 10-Q/K
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Experience with a large ERP system, preferably Oracle
- Experience using consolidation tools for analysis of actuals, forecast and budget
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and external auditors
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
|Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Bilingual, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Health Care, Insurance, Multilingual, Office Assistance, Optometry, Project Management, Public Relations