- Houston, TX, USA
CGG is a pioneering Technology company providing fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We deliver a unique range of technologies, services, and equipment designed to understand and address the world’s complex natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges.
Reporting to the Data Center Coordinator, the Data Center Technician position is based in the NALA data Center located in Houston.
Your primary responsibilities will be to install and maintain computer systems aiming for the highest functionality. The ideal candidate will have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
We highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generations of new concepts and solutions to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the marketplace.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
• Availability for potential scheduled/unscheduled out of hours support
• Install/configure Linux based hardware and all applicable software
• Maintain/repair Linux based systems and associated equipment
• Ticket system use for repairs, fixes, and maintenance schedule
• Teamwork and independent workloads for timely manner support related tasks
• Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance
• Track and report hardware failures
• Track and update spares database
• Perform hardware troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems
• System monitoring
• Deployment with use of automated infrastructure
• Globalization & Standardization – Adhere to Set standard Policies
Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level in any of the following disciplines (Desired): Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related computing subjects
• Some bash scripting preferred
• 1-3 years Experience in HPC environment preferred
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Gitlab or an equivalent (Desired)
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Experience in fast paced, high-volume production systems
• Good communications and customer service skills
• Knowledge of GPUs (Desired)
• Must be detail oriented & work well in a team environment
• Must have legal right to live and work in the United States
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Auditing, Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Investment, Leadership, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Research Development, Software Development, Statistics|