Graphical Software Developer
- Houston, TX, USA
CGG is a pioneering Technology company providing fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We deliver a unique range of technologies, services, and equipment designed to understand and address the world’s complex natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges.
Be part of the team responsible for ensuring the efficiency, ease of use, reliability, and scalability of the core graphical software applications for seismic imaging. In this role, you will develop and maintain the 3D data visualization tools, components, and technologies that are used for high-end geophysical data analysis. You will work to create functional and efficient application interfaces and build and release processes. You will participate in design discussions, development, and deployment in large scale state-of-the-art computing facilities across the world with a geographically dispersed developer team and user base.
The role will require you to work with highly-qualified Researchers and Software Engineers to gather requirements, perform analysis, and design and deploy scalable visualization applications. You are expected to have a thorough understanding of technical concepts required for graphical software engineering and deployment and should be able to navigate and quickly understand complex code and systems. The position demands excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and applicants must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. You should be a person with great technical passion and drive for results.
Must have current U.S. work authorization or qualify for sponsorship.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or another field with a programming emphasis, or relevant work experience
- C/C++ fluency / OpenGL/GLSL fluency
- Object-oriented programming / API design experience
- Debugging / profiling / optimizing experience
- Experience with full life-cycle of development, including product release
- Innovative mindset
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with cross-platform / large scale software development
- Experience with GUI libraries, specifically Qt
- Experience with Operating System Kernels and multi-threaded programming
- Strong 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
- Knowledge of computer networking
Perks and Benefits:
- Relocation bonus to help offset the cost of moving to Houston
- $10,000 signing bonus to welcome you in!
- Performance based monthly bonus averaging at 10-15% at entry level (contingent on financial & individual performance) – The only limit is your potential!
- 3 weeks’ vacation to recharge, 3 personal days and 8 sick days for you to use when you need it the most
- A hybrid and flexible work schedule
- Excellent 401k match program (contribute up to 5% and we’ll match up to 7%!)
- Medical, dental, vision, supplemental benefits available and so much more
- CGG wants our employees to be the best versions of ourselves. We offer a Wellness Program as well as a state-of-the-art Fitness Center
- Tired of packing lunch? We got you covered with free lunches on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays!
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in geoscience technology and subsurface imaging
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
|Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Auditing, Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Investment, Leadership, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Research Development, Software Development, Statistics