- Houston, TX, USA
CGG is a pioneering Technology company providing fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We deliver a unique range of technologies, services, and equipment designed to understand and address the world’s complex natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges.
Reporting to the Houston Service Desk Team Leader, the Junior Windows Support Specialist role will be responsible for providing entry level of technical support in configuring, troubleshooting, isolating, repairing, and resolving user desktop issues.
This support will be inclusive of desktop/laptop/tablet hardware and software, mobile devices, printer/scanners/copiers, audio visual equipment, hardware peripherals and other desktop related equipment.
It will involve using and maintaining the team documentation and undertaking project work to proactively improve the user experience.
- Pick-up and maintain support tickets in a timely manner
- Support Microsoft OS and Applications
- Provide first-line hardware support for end points
- User account management using Active Roles and Azure
- Set up end user desks with appropriate hardware
- Build systems from SCCM
- Deploy software from centralized servers
- Perform routine checks of deployed systems (e.g., meeting rooms)
- Assist with project work
- Ensure all documentation and procedures are kept up to date
- Onsite office moves
- On-call rotation
- Strong interest in IT
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivation and drive
- Flexible ‘can-do’ attitude to tasks, and ability to use own initiative
- Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with users and team
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapid changing environment
- Foster professional and team-oriented relationships with colleagues
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of corporate data
- Have basic understanding of network connectivity
- Technical – Technical Expertise
- Strategic Orientation – Customer Focus
Must have current U.S. work authorization or qualify for sponsorship.
- 0-1 years relevant work experience
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suites
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task, including urgent support issues
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
|Development Services - Planning, Business Administration, Communication, Computer Science, Customer Service, Data Management, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Software Development