*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
Are you interested in joining our team? Chat with our digital assistant to learn more about our company and apply right from your mobile device!
Text ETP to 25000 to get started or apply through this web posting if you prefer.
Energy Transfer, a Fortune 50 organization, recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering America’s energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and many more. Come join our award winning 10,000 strong organization as we fuel the world and each other!
This position comes with world class compensation, benefits, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and PTO.
Energy Transfer is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator with exceptionally strong experience, in designing/configuring/installing and end-user supporting Oracle Databases Systems on Exadata Appliances through thorough planning, monitoring, and proactive performance, security and Integrity Database Management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, patch, upgrade, maintain and monitor Oracle databases
- Create and maintain SQL and PL/SQL queries and shell scripts
- Monitor, and verify backups and perform ad-hoc backups
- Provide maintenance support for database systems
- Database performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Perform routine security and authentication measures
Requirements: Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Minimum 8 years working as Oracle Database Administrator in fast paced large environment.
- Minimum 8 years Oracle Database Performance Tuning of large systems.
- Minimum 8 years Oracle RAC-Full, RAC-Node-1 configuration and Performance Tuning.
- 8 years’ experience working with Oracle VMs, Oracle OCI.
- 5 years and recent experience scripting jobs with tools like Ansible, Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control.
- Minimum of 8 years configuring Oracle ASM setup.
- Have living experience with extreme process automation as lead contributor.
- Very strong Unix/Linux Scripting.
- Participate in 24 X 7 On-Call support rotation.
- Minimum of 8 years performing DB Encryptions.
- Smooth communicator, with strong documentation abilities.
- Self driven individual contributor, and very strong Team player for optimal collaboration.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Customer Service, Document Control, Information Technology, Inventory Control, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Media Relations, Project Management, Quality Control, Research Development|