- Houston, TX, USA
CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in Earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring. Our unique portfolio supports our clients in efficiently and responsibly solving complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.
As part of the team responsible for ensuring the efficiency, ease of use, reliability, and scalability of the core software for CGG’s proprietary high-performance computing applications on GPU and CPU architectures, this position requires a deep understanding of computational science (especially parallel programming and code optimization), a strong mathematics/physics/engineering background, in-depth knowledge of computer software/hardware architecture, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
In this role, you will develop and maintain high-end geophysical algorithms for seismic processing, imaging, and interpretation. You will participate in design discussions, development, and deployment in large-scale state-of-the-art computing facilities across the world with a geographically dispersed developer team, researcher team, and user base.
Must have current U.S. work authorization or qualify for sponsorship.
• Master’s degree or higher in Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science, or 5 years of hands-on experience in scientific programming
• Fluency in C/C++ (Fortran also preferred)
• Experience with UNIX / POSIX programming
• Highly experienced in debugging / profiling /optimizing
• Highly experienced with MPI, CUDA, or other type of parallel computing
• Highly experienced in scientific computing on various types of HPC architecture
• Experience with full lifecycle of development, including product release
• Innovative mindset
• Highly motivated and eager to learn
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Good experience with ML toolbox and optimization for Python codes and libraries
• Good knowledge of data structure, data compression, and data IO pipelining
• Familiarity with Perforce (or other source control management software)
• SQL or other database experience
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are leaders in geoscience technology and high-performance computing
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- Competitive compensation with performance-based bonus program
- Initially 15 days holidays with future increases, complemented by a generous number of paid sick days and personal days
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance and Life Insurance for you and your dependents
- RRSP Company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program to support your personal issues
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
|Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Auditing, Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Investment, Leadership, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Research Development, Software Development, Statistics