*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
Are you interested in joining our team? Chat with our digital assistant to learn more about our company and apply right from your mobile device!
Text ETP to 25000 to get started or apply through this web posting if you prefer.
Energy Transfer, a Fortune 50 organization, recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering America’s energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and many more. Come join our award winning 10,000 strong organization as we fuel the world and each other!
This position comes with world class compensation, benefits, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and PTO.
Energy Transfer is seeking a talented and technical business analyst/application support person. This position will work with our commercial, measurement, scheduling and accounting teams to continuously improve the applications that support business processes for month-end close. You will work with key stakeholders to capture requirements, coordinate with external vendors and make interface and report changes to provide business value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders, internal technology teams and vendors to establish and prioritize business and technical requirements
- Advocate of continuous improvement for best practices in security, processes and testing.
- Proactively communicates project status and issues.
- Manage projects and work effectively with team members and customers.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and prioritizes own work to meet deadlines
- Create detailed requirements for changes to improve the user interaction with existing systems
- Implement and support third-party enterprise software and in-house custom interfaces and reports.
- Assist with software upgrades, patches code releases and database changes.
- Develop and review tests for quality assurance and approval.
- Provide training, guidance and resource support for end users.
- Follow a strict methodology and process for change control, application support and escalation.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or IT business-related field.
- C#, SQL
- Business, vendor and management liaison experience.
- Enjoy working on a team, and as an individual.
- Positive attitude that promotes good work relationships.
- Excited about learning.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excited about investigating issues and solving business problems with an ability to provide and receive input during problem solving sessions.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL database queries, optimization, SSRS and Crystal Reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving.
- .NET experience appreciated.
- Experience supporting Oil/Gas pipelines would be appreciated.
- Experience supporting Synthesis application would be a plus.
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Customer Service, Document Control, Information Technology, Inventory Control, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Media Relations, Project Management, Quality Control, Research Development|