*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
Are you interested in joining our team? Chat with our digital assistant to learn more about our company and apply right from your mobile device!
Text ETP to 25000 to get started or apply through this web posting if you prefer.
Energy Transfer, a Fortune 50 organization, recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering America’s energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and many more. Come join our award winning 10,000 strong organization as we fuel the world and each other!
This position comes with world class compensation, benefits, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and PTO.
The Specialist – IT Terminal Apps Support Analyst is a part of the IT team responsible for ongoing application support and project work for the Energy Transfer and Sunoco terminal truck loading business area. This position works with key stakeholders to capture requirements, perform gap analysis, and collaborate with third-party enterprise software. This position is also responsible for day-to-day and month-end close application support, implementing new assets into the existing application software stack and supporting custom interfaces and reports
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business users, internal technology teams and vendors to establish and prioritize business and technology requirements.
- Provide assistance in the implementation and support of third-party enterprise software combined with in-house written custom interfaces and reports focused on the measurement business sector.
- Create detailed requirements of the user experience and user-system/system-system interactions through discussion as well as narrative and pictorial artifacts. Ensure accuracy of requirements during the entire development process.
- Coordinate technical implementation and migration of software upgrades, patches, code releases, and database changes for the various enterprise applications.
- Develop and review tests in conjunction with quality assurance and engineering.
- Assist with development of integration and quality assurance testing as needed.
- Follow a strict methodology and process for change control, application support, and escalation.
- Provide training, guidance, and resource support for end users.
- Support the existing applications, resolve issues, and recommend strategic application growth.
- Provide emergency support for severity one issues and other business critical situations in a fast-paced environment. These systems include enterprise software to support Measurement and Operations businesses.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- BS degree in MIS/CIS/CSE, CS or equivalent
- 2-5 plus years of experience analyzing, clarifying, and translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- A motivated self-starter that can work independently and in teams on tasks and projects with limited supervision.
- A strong customer service attitude and focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as business presentation skills. Interfaces effectively across organizational lines addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Business Users and Software Developers to provide solutions which further enhance the applications and provide the business user with an improved experience.
- Attention to detail and a rigorous focus on delivering quality output.
- Experience supporting TopTech’s TMS6v, TMS7, TopHat, Dearman’s TAS, RTG and TPVision software.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office suite of products.
- Experience with the following development tools and technologies: C#, VB.NET, Server, Transact SQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Windows Scripting Host, VBA, and MS Office Suite, all running under Windows 2010.
- Rotational 24×7 weekly on call support is obligatory. Travel is required periodically for on-site support activities, training, and meetings.
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant job related experience
- The Senior Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead Specialist/Analyst level requires a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- Linux RedHat is a plus
- End-to-end transactional experience in terminal trucking facilities as well as truck loading and inventory value chain integration with upstream and downstream systems
- A strong business knowledge of various measurement business processes such as terminal tax reporting, load/offload reporting, ticket processing, and inventory reporting
- A strong understanding of combining multiple software applications via interfaces into a single business solution
- Experience with Project Management methodologies to successfully implement business focused technology solutions
- Knowledge of business application testing approaches.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Familiar with the Sarbanes Oxley control environment and change control processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Customer Service, Document Control, Information Technology, Inventory Control, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Media Relations, Project Management, Quality Control, Research Development|