Requisition ID: 271370
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Telework Type: Part-Time Telework
- Work Location: Houston, TX
Works with Expediting, Purchasing, Supplier Quality, Materials Management and Traffic and Logistics to identify and set plans in place to mitigate risk and address concerns raised with the prime and sub suppliers. Where necessary, assists in data input duties to maintain consistency in project Procurement and Material Management information. Will support Purchase Order close out through all disciplines to ensure required documents are retained in Aconex and Purchase Order close out is progressing as planned. Performs administrative duties, which entail knowledge of, and adherence to, established procedures.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives operational supervision and direction from the Project Procurement Manager.
- Receives functional direction from the Procurement Systems Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Maintains active contact with the project expediters, buyers, Material Managers, Supplier Quality and Traffic and Logistics personnel.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Will work with the Expediting team to gain a better understanding of the record retention requirements.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that Purchase Order Closeout progresses as planned and that the Purchase Order Close Out procedure is adhered to.
- Reports out on Purchase Order Closeout progress.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows based, networked, computing environments.
- Knowledge of standard office productivity tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Basic knowledge of relational database concepts, including logical sorting and selection criteria specification.
- Basic knowledge of the Supply Chain process
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Degree preferred but not required.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Engineering, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development, Statistics, Supply Chain|