Requisition ID: 270547
Requisition Posting End Date: 09/16/2023
Bechtel is looking for talented professionals interested in delivering work that will build a cleaner, greener, brighter future for everyone. We are experiencing growth in our Energy GBU, most notably EPC LNG Projects located on the US Gulf Coast.
Bechtel helps our customers deliver projects of purpose that create a lasting positive legacy. These are projects that create jobs and grow economies; improve the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure; connect communities to resources and opportunity; get us closer to net zero; tackle critical environmental challenges; protect people and the planet; and accelerate progress to make the world a cleaner, greener, safer place. While expertise enables delivery, partnerships ensure long-term success, which is why we align everything we do to our customers’ goals. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
#WeAreBechtel, and we are shaping tomorrow together.
Project Controls Cost Lead on a medium to large size project, or for a project with an above average sized Project Controls Cost Engineering staff. Responsible for effective execution of Project Controls cost programs (cost analysis/control, and reporting activities) on an assigned large or major project/program in accordance with Bechtel Group, Inc. and applicable Project Controls Department Procedures. This position will be primarily located in the Houston Office with high potential to relocate to one of our jobsites on the US Gulf Coast.
- Leads and directs the cost engineering team in implementing cost engineering processes and procedures on Bechtel projects in setting up and maintaining project budgets, cost monitoring, job hour monitoring, cost variance analysis, monthly and biweekly cost reporting.
- Defines project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures.
- Lead set-up of project original budget using estimating line details utilizing Bechtel standard COA, tracking and maintaining project budgets through project life cycle
- Supervises the development and quality of cost engineering deliverables and reports.
- Provides generally routine and nonroutine cost engineering guidance.
- Supports the project trend program with data analysis.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis, and cost and quantity comparisons.
- Develops the quarterly Project Financial Status Reporting (PFSR) which includes project cost flow, cash flow, GM analysis and job hours forecast
- Develop and recommend innovative solutions using cost engineering principals and identifying trends for management attention.
- Develops bid evaluation cost criteria. May participate in discussions with vendors.
- Review invoices based on understanding of Earned Value Management and Value of Work Done principals
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training programs.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
- Mentors cost engineering team members on project on career development. Conducts personnel performance reviews and makes recommendations for employment decisions and career advancements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and 13 years of relative work experience the home office and/ or field capacity for a major EPC firm (Bechtel experience preferred) with experience on large projects. In lieu of a degree, 19 years of related work experience is required.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications with proficiency in several basic software applications. ECOSYS and PowerBI skills preferred.
- Experience on Earned Value Management and Value of Work Done principals preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated skill in management, supervisory, and personnel administrative functions.
- Excellent communicator with experience in presenting complex cost analysis to senior management and clients
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
|Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Engineering, Environmental, Estimation, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development, Statistics, Supply Chain